MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) today announced that Erlanger Health System has selected Omnicell's medication management and workflow solutions to further the institution's goal of being an industry-leading health system.
The selection and integration of Omnicell technology will assist with not only patient safety but also operational efficiency. Omnicell's complete solution offers medication security throughout the acute care continuum that extends from the central pharmacy to operating rooms, nursing units and the patient bedside.
"This project was not just about evaluating technology - it reflected how deeply we care about the community we serve and the responsibility we have to ensure best clinical practices are carried out," said Allen Broome, director of pharmacy at Erlanger Health System. "We had the opportunity to redesign exactly how we wanted our medication processes to work."
The Omnicell solution that Erlanger fit to its unique needs includes:
- OmniRx® automated medication dispensing cabinets (ADCs), including the integrated Medication Label Printer that allows nurses to print patient-specific labels right from the ADC during medication removal. The ADCs also include the Touch & Go™ advanced biometric ID system, designed to improve efficiency and security.
- WorkflowRx™, a server-based pharmacy inventory management software program that integrates with the Medication Carousel and automates the ordering, receiving, stocking and picking processes.
- Medication Carousel, an automated pharmacy retrieval system that integrates with WorkflowRx™ software for comprehensive medication inventory management.
- Controlled Substance Manager (CSM), designed to improve the management of narcotics throughout the hospital's continuum of care. CSM provides perpetual inventory management and an automated audit trail to help the pharmacy comply with regulatory standards. It includes a time-saving purchasing platform to automate medication ordering with distributors and the Drug Enforcement Administration's Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS).
- Anesthesia Workstation™, automated dispensing cabinets for the operating room that provide secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and easy documentation of controlled substance use.
- Pandora Analytics®, business analytics for automated dispensing systems, focusing on diversion, compliance and inventory management.
- Anywhere RN™ remote medication management software, a unique web-based application that allows nurses to remotely access the Omnicell dispensing cabinets at their convenience from virtually any hospital workstation, to streamline workflow and minimize interruptions that can lead to medication administration errors.
- SinglePointe™ patient medication management software, which handles and secures up to 100 percent of a patient's medications within the automated dispensing cabinets to improve pharmacy and nursing workflow efficiency and reduce the chance for medication errors or missed doses.
"It has been a pleasure to support Erlanger as they evaluated all their options before partnering with us," said J. Christopher Drew, Omnicell executive vice president, Sales and Marketing. "While already considered one of the nation's most respected health systems, undergoing the decision process speaks to the high standards Erlanger holds itself to. This implementation is just the beginning, and we look forward to supporting the Erlanger mission of excellence for a long time to come."
About Erlanger Health System
The Erlanger Health System is a non-profit, academic health system affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. Erlanger provides the only tertiary hospitals and Level 1 Trauma Centers for adults and children across a 31,000 square-mile region of southeast Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama and western North Carolina, treating over 300,000 patients annually. The health system consists of five hospitals, including Children's Hospital at Erlanger, the region's only pediatric specialty hospital, six emergency centers and offers centers of excellence in
neurosciences, cancer care, cardiology, orthopedics, trauma, women and children's care and transplant services. Erlanger is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the top hospital in the Chattanooga region and is the tenth largest public healthcare system in the United States. Visit www.erlanger.org.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire health care continuum -- from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
More than 3,000 customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell Automation and Analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Medication Adherence solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell, the Omnicell logo design, and OmniRx are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc. Anesthesia Workstation, Anywhere RN and SinglePointe are trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120731/SF48971LOGO-a
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/erlanger-health-system-to-install-omnicell-solutions-for-medication-management-300072212.html
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.