MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions to healthcare systems and pharmacies, today announced it will showcase its XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets, IV solutions and drug diversion analytics software at the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP) Congress from March 22-24 in Cannes, France. Together, these solutions help support safer and more streamlined medication distribution in hospitals.
Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets are designed with new hardware features that improve workflow for nurses—allowing them more time for patient-centered activities while helping to increase safety and accuracy in medication dispensing. The scalability of the XT system is responsive to a growing health system, and the new technology is designed to easily adapt to future innovations. Omnicell's automated dispensing cabinets have been awarded the highest ranking from KLAS for 11 years in a row.
In addition to Omnicell's automated medication dispensing cabinets, the following solutions will be displayed in Stand 49:
- i.v.STATION™, which prepares and dispenses ready-to-administer, sterile compounded medications
- i.v.SOFT® Assist, an all-in-one IV workflow solution for both hazardous and non-hazardous compounding
- Omnicell Analytics, a web-based diversion analytics tool for detecting potential drug diversion within a health system
- Anywhere RN™, an application that allows nurses to access automated dispensing cabinets from virtually any hospital workstation
"We're excited to introduce Omnicell's comprehensive set of solutions to the attendees at EAHP and demonstrate how our innovations, including our new XT cabinets, are making a significant impact in the way hospitals operate," said Arthur Van Dongen, general manager, International at Omnicell. "The theme for this year's conference is 'Hospital pharmacists - catalysts for change,' and we feel that pharmacists can achieve substantial and quantifiable change by implementing this latest technology."
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient's home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell's innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicells-newest-automated-dispensing-solutions-to-be-showcased-at-the-european-association-of-hospital-pharmacists-congress-300427118.html
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.