MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), today announced that Victory Healthcare has implemented Omnicell's G4 Unity platform of medication management systems throughout its growing network of specialized surgical hospitals. Victory Healthcare selected the G4 platform to ensure the highest level of patient safety and satisfaction, compliance to strict
regulations, as well as operational strength and financial sustainability.
A fast growing integrated delivery network (IDN), Victory Healthcare delivers a unique and specialized healthcare experience for patients, their families and clinicians. The Omnicell G4 platform will allow the Victory Healthcare facilities to significantly scale their pharmacy operations without adding pharmacy staff. Victory Healthcare also relies on Omnicell solutions to deliver seamless medication management after normal pharmacy hours, as well as boost inventory turns through increased medication stock control and supply charge capture.
"At Victory Healthcare we distinguish ourselves by our ability to deliver the very best in personalized care," said Almer Engle, corporate director of pharmacy services, Victory Healthcare. "We see the Omnicell G4 platform as an extension of other investments, such as luxury patient room accommodations and one-to-one nurse to patient staffing ratio. In addition to making our patients happy with seamless medication administration, Omnicell's positive impact on workflow has made our clinicians more satisfied. Having worked in hospitals for many years, I know that if you can make the nurses and physicians happy, you have hit a home run. In terms of compliance, having Omnicell technology gives us confidence that we are always prepared for an
audit and it enables us to monitor all facilities for trends and determine standard practices."
The Omnicell G4 platform solutions selected by Victory Healthcare include:
- OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) that are known for their durability and ease of use. The ADCs include the Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system, designed with state-of-the-art biometric technology to improve efficiency and security. OmniRx ADCs recently received the "Best in KLAS" honor by the prestigious healthcare research firm KLAS. This marks the eighth consecutive year that OmniRx has received the top award from KLAS.
- Anesthesia Workstation™ G4 automated dispensing cabinets for the operating room that are designed to provide secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and easy documentation of controlled substance use.
- Controlled Substance Management System (CSM) that improves the management of narcotics throughout the continuum of care. CSM provides perpetual inventory management and an automated audit trail to help the pharmacy comply with regulatory standards. It includes a new time-saving purchasing platform to automate the medication ordering workflow with distributors and the Drug Enforcement Administration's Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS). The Omnicell CSM system received the top distinction in the 2013 KLAS awards.
"Victory Healthcare is achieving a new standard in patient care," said J. Christopher Drew, executive vice president, field operations at Omnicell. "We are pleased that Victory Healthcare recognizes Omnicell as a strategic partner to support its impressive growth and unique model. Omnicell looks forward to helping Victory Healthcare sustain its network of first-class surgical centers for years to come."
About Victory Healthcare
Based in The Woodlands, Texas, privately owned Victory Healthcare is creating the standard in surgical care through its growing network of specialized surgical hospitals, training and education centers, and the only privately held tissue bank in the state of Texas. Our surgeons are the most highly trained and respected physicians in their fields, committed to providing revolutionary technology and minimally invasive treatment techniques. We create a first class experience for our patients in our state-of-the-art facilities that include concierge services, a one-to-one nurse to patient ratio, and personalized service in an environment designed to promote comfort and healing. Victory Healthcare
partners with physicians to create an exceptional surgical experience for our patients, their families, and our surgeons. Learn more about the Victory difference — a dedication to healing through education, technology and first-class care — at victory-healthcare.com or follow us on Facebook.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire healthcare continuum— from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
More than 2,600 Acute Care customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell's medication automation, supply chain and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Non-Acute Care solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
OMCL - G
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc. OptiFlex is a trademark of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.