MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc., (NASDAQ: OMCL), today announced that Saratoga Hospital, located in Saratoga Springs, New York, has selected Omnicell to be its new provider of automated medication management solutions and data analytics tools in the main hospital facility as well as an urgent care center, surgery center, infusion center and cancer treatment center. For the first time, from a single central pharmacy location, several different medication dispensing systems can be
managed at Saratoga Hospital, providing greater efficiency to clinical and administrative staff.
Saratoga Hospital boasts more than 450 physicians and other medical professionals on staff. The hospital offers care in a broad range of medical specialties and has been serving the greater Saratoga region for more than 100 years with exceptional care and compassionate clinical professionals. Installation of the Omnicell systems will begin this fall and is projected to be completed in 2015.
"The Omnicell solutions that we selected will streamline and improve medication management and enhance patient care safety and safety," said Laurie Cronin, director of pharmacy services at Saratoga Hospital. "The secure, automated, and easily accessible systems will help ensure that we deliver the right medication, to the right patient, at the right time."
Having a Medication Label Printer integrated in the Omnicell automated dispensing cabinet is one of the workflow improvements that will foster collaboration between nursing and pharmacy. With this function, nurses can automatically print labels for patient-specific medications such as add-a-vial IV components, rather than waiting for the medication to be delivered by pharmacy. The system saves time for both nurses and pharmacists, while ensuring greater medication safety for patients. The Omnicell solutions selected by Saratoga Hospital are all part of the Unity enterprise platform and include:
- OmniRx® automated medication dispensing cabinets (ADCs), including the integrated Medication Label Printer that allows nurses to print patient-specific labels right from the ADC during medication issue. The ADCs also include the Touch & Go™ advanced biometric ID system, designed with state-of-the-art biometric technology to improve efficiency and security.
- Anesthesia Workstation™ automated dispensing cabinets for the operating room that are designed to provide secure, convenient access to drugs required during surgery and easy documentation of controlled substance use.
- Anywhere RN™ remote medication management software, a unique web-based application that allows nurses to remotely access the Omnicell dispensing cabinets at their convenience from virtually any hospital workstation, to streamline workflow and minimize interruptions that can lead to medication administration errors.
- SinglePointe™ patient medication management software which handles and secures up to 100 percent of a patient's medications within the automated dispensing cabinets to improve pharmacy and nursing workflow efficiency and reduce the chance for medication errors or missed doses.
- Pandora Analytics® which provides business analytics for automated dispensing systems, focusing on diversion, compliance and inventory management.
"After surveying their options, Saratoga Hospital has decided to partner with Omnicell and we look forward to working together as they implement our enterprise-level technology," says J. Christopher Drew, executive vice president, field operations at Omnicell. "We're excited to partner with a health system that is so driven to find solutions that support their vision of top-notch, patient care."
About Saratoga Hospital
Saratoga Hospital is the Saratoga region's leading healthcare provider. The only acute-care facility in Saratoga County, the hospital has a medical staff of over 450 physicians and other credentialed providers, offering care in a broad range of medical specialties. In keeping with its emphasis on quality, Saratoga Hospital was the first in the Capital Region to earn Magnet Designation for nursing excellence. The hospital achieved redesignation in 2010.
Hospital facilities include: Saratoga Hospital, Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home, Wilton Medical Arts, Malta Medical Arts, Saratoga Surgery Center, Mollie Wilmot Radiation Oncology Center, Saratoga Family Physicians, The Saratoga Center for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Saratoga Hospital Pain Management Center, Saratoga Family Health, Schuylerville Family Health and Galway Family Health. For more information, go to www.saratogahospital.org .
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire health care continuum—from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
More than 3,000 customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell Automation and Analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Medication Adherence solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
OMCL - G
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell, the Omnicell logo design, OmniRx and Pandora are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc. Anywhere RN, Anesthesia Workstation and SinglePointe are trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120731/SF48971LOGO-a
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.