MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced that Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) selected Omnicell G4 solutions to improve medication management throughout the hospital. Motivated by Omnicell's hallmark flexibility and functionality, RVH became the first Canadian healthcare organization to purchase Omnicell's recently introduced fourth
generation G4 platform.
The new Omnicell G4 platform is designed to provide the clinician with confidence in the integrity of a single medication cabinet database, no longer defined by the time-wasting and risky steps of repetitively entering formularies and rules in multiple locations. Combined with an intuitive, consistent user interface, the G4 platform creates a secure closed-loop of medication management all the way from the controlled substance vault to patient care areas.
At RVH, the following Omnicell solutions will be implemented:
- The new OmniRx® G4 automated medication dispensing cabinets, featuring the state-of-the-art Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system, designed to ensure the highest level of security and responsiveness in medication dispensing. OmniRx was the recipient of the 2011 "Best in KLAS" award in the category of Automated Medication Dispensing Units from the leading research firm, KLAS.
- AnywhereRN™ remote medication management,
a unique web-based application that allows nurses to remotely access the Omnicell dispensing cabinets at their convenience from virtually any hospital workstation, to streamline workflow and minimize interruptions that can lead to medication administration errors.
- OmniDispenser™, a single-dose dispensing system that efficiently manages and secures the dispensing of controlled medications ensuring high levels of patient safety.
- SafetyStock™, a bar coding technology solution designed to prevent drug errors and automate medication management.
"Our partnership with Omnicell signifies our continued commitment to offering our patients high quality
medical care supported by industry-leading technology solutions," said Judy Chong, director of pharmacy services at Royal Victoria Hospital. "The company's G4 platform demonstrates their commitment to patient safety and nursing efficiency. With Omnicell, our nurses will now be able to spend more time with patients while having the assurance they will have the medications they need at their fingertips for optimal patient care."
"Royal Victoria Hospital is well on its path to join the elite roster of Canadian facilities implementing medication automation systems, underscoring their commitment to keep patients safe from drug errors," said J. Christopher Drew, senior vice president, field operations for Omnicell. "We look forward to partnering with RVH clinicians as they launch their first automated medication management solutions to support their mission of effective, safe patient care."
About Royal Victoria Hospital
Royal Victoria Hospital is a 299-bed community hospital in Barrie, Ontario, located 80 kilometres north of Toronto. As the largest hospital in the region of Simcoe Muskoka, it provides specialty services to almost half a million Central Ontario residents. RVH's team of over 280 physicians, 2,200 employees and 1,100 volunteers provide exceptional health care, specializing in emergency services, cancer care, surgical services, orthopaedics, intensive care, mental health and interventional radiology. Construction is well underway on RVH's Phase 1 Expansion Project which will double the
size of the existing hospital, while adding capacity for 165 new inpatient beds and the Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre. Completion of the ambitious redevelopment is slated for early-2012. For more information, visit our website at www.rvh.on.ca.
Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) is a leading provider of automated and business information solutions enabling hospitals and healthcare systems to streamline the medication administration process and manage costly medical supplies for increased operational efficiency and enhanced patient safety. Through seamless integration with a hospital's existing IT infrastructure, Omnicell solutions empower healthcare facilities to achieve comprehensive automation of medication and supply management from the arrival at the loading dock to the patient's bedside. Omnicell also provides healthcare facilities with business analytics software designed to improve medication diversion detection and regulatory compliance.
Since 1992, more than 2,200 hospital customers worldwide have relied on Omnicell's medication automation, supply chain, and hospital analytics solutions to increase patient safety, improve efficiency and address changing healthcare regulations while providing effective control of costs, charge capture for payer reimbursement and inventory management of medications and supplies.
For more information about Omnicell, please visit www.omnicell.com
OMCL - G
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc. OptiFlex is a trademark of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.