Omnicell's Medication Management Automation Portfolio to Be Featured at the American Organization of Nurse Executives 2018 Conference
A clinical study highlighted that Omnicell® systems significantly increase nursing workflow efficiency, as evidenced by a 40 percent reduction in time from initial order to first dose administration of antibiotics.1
- XT Series Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets, which help improve workflow efficiency, medication accountability, and patient safety through the latest hardware technology and smart software features. The XT automated dispensing system includes innovative functionality that improves how nurses manage medications, such as:
- Software that lets nurses perform medication management tasks away from the cabinet via their computer workstation, which has saved at least 15 minutes per nurse during the morning med pass.2
- A system for automating management of patient-specific medications within the dispensing cabinet, promoting patient safety and efficiency for nurses.
- Controlled substance dispenser that eliminates the need for tedious narcotic counts at the cabinet that slow nurses down.
- Interoperability with key electronic health record (EHR) systems that lets nurses perform many cabinet functions within the EHR and automatically identifies variances between medications dispensed from the cabinet versus medications documented as administered and/or wasted, saving significant time.
- Omnicell Analytics, an easy-to-use, web-based diversion analytics software that transforms real-time data into actionable insight to help detect potential drug diversion more efficiently.
"At Omnicell, we understand the vital role nurses play in contributing to patient care, especially the impact their time at the bedside has on patient outcomes and satisfaction," said
Supporting the highest level of patient safety is essential to excellent patient care. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems,
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
Omnicellnews releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com. Omnicelland the Omnicelllogo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Time to first dose for piperacillin-tazobactam was measured using the Omnicell automated dispensing system in comparison to a competitive system previously used at Hackensack University Medical Center. Results were presented by Hackensack UMC at the New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists annual meeting on April 24, 2015.
2 Rapid City Regional Hospital, 2014.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicells-medication-management-automation-portfolio-to-be-featured-at-the-american-organization-of-nurse-executives-2018-conference-300626759.html
Betsy Martinelli, Omnicell, Inc., (724) 741-8341, email@example.com; Jessika Parry, Next Step Communications, (781) 326-1741, firstname.lastname@example.org