MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc., (NASDAQ: OMCL), today announced the "Take on Tomorrow" initiative for 2015, demonstrating the company's commitment to solve medication management compliance challenges, and expand the reach of central pharmacy to satellite and post-acute settings. Omnicell's presence at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2014 Mid-Year Meeting in Anaheim is highlighted by multiple events and demonstrations to illustrate what "tomorrow" will look like as pharmacists advance their role
in driving enriched patient care.
ASHP attendees can learn how Omnicell industry-leading and KLAS-awarded1 products will help hospital pharmacies prepare for the future of health care through demonstrations of solutions for lean workflows, thought-leadership presentations and collaboration with industry strategic partners showing true interoperability currently in use at customer sites.
In Omnicell's booth #589, highlights include:
- Unity enterprise platform 19.0 software release, which increases flexibility for pharmacy and expands the functionality of the new Central Pharmacy Manager and Satellite Pharmacy Manager inventory management systems.
- Interoperability with electronic medical record (EMR) systems, which integrates Omnicell remote cabinet functionality and Cerner Millennium® EHR, via the CareAware iBus®.
- Omnicell M5000 system, Omnicell's first fully-automated multiple medication packing solution designed to pack, seal, label and audit multimed blister cards for medication adherence applications. Health systems can take greater responsibility for post-acute patient outcomes by providing multimed blister cards to patients. With Omnicell M5000, health systems have the opportunity to increase pharmacy profitability through increased prescription volume and to improve practice workflow through automation.
Other activities include:
- Omnicell's Pharmacy Leadership Meeting Sunday, December 7 at 4:00 p.m. at the Anaheim Marriott Hotel, featuring talks by Farzad Mostashari, MD, former U.S. National Coordinator for Health Information Technology; Shafiq Rab, MD, CIO, Hackensack University Medical Center; and Randy Lipps, President and CEO of Omnicell.
- Intelligent Pharmacy Pavilion booth #1777. Omnicell will present use cases in the Central Pharmacy and Adult ICU rooms in the Pavilion.
- Kimberly New, diversion expert and President of the Tennessee Chapter of the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI), will speak on "Drug Diversion: Understanding and Mitigating the Risk," Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 2:20 p.m. in the Intelligent Pharmacy Pavilion Leadership Theater.
Software release 19.0 is the latest update to the Omnicell Unity enterprise platform for medication and supply automation. The software enhancements give pharmacists and nurses greater options for their workflow preferences. The 19.0 software release also expands the capabilities of Omnicell's central pharmacy software solutions on the Unity platform. These systems share the same database as the automated dispensing cabinets and other Omnicell products on the Unity platform, which streamlines formulary management and provides a consistent user experience across products. Central Pharmacy Manager automates inventory management in the central pharmacy, helping to reduce inventory costs and save staff time on ordering and receiving processes. Satellite Pharmacy
Manager gives pharmacists managing satellite locations visibility into inventory levels and costs at the remote sites within their health system.
"After running data from Omnicell's new Central Pharmacy Manager Software, we saw tangible ROI results," said Gee Mathen, assistant director of Pharmacy for Application and Technical Services, Texas Children's Hospital. "We were able to reduce inventory in our IV room by 38%, which we project will save $328,000 over one year. Omnicell's central pharmacy solutions help maximize our inventory management, ensuring we are placing orders at the optimal times based on storage demand and financial considerations."
"Omnicell is proud to continue our commitment to hospitals, pharmacies, and now non-acute care settings through our 'Take on Tomorrow' initiative," said Marga Ortigas-Wedekind, Omnicell executive vice president, Global Marketing and Product Development. "We have a history of continually enhancing our automated pharmacy and adherence packaging solutions to help our customers experience improved patient outcomes and lean workflows while benefitting from increased profitability and smarter inventory choices."
Omnicell products will also be highlighted in strategic partners' exhibits at the Mid-Year Meeting:
- Codonics booth #1407-Featuring Omnicell Anesthesia Workstation working with the Codonics Safe Label System.
- Cardinal booth #2021-Featuring information about Omnicell's medication dispensing cabinet communication with CardinalAssist to help central pharmacy with automated inventory replenishment.
- Pocket Nurse booth #960-Distribution partner for the nursing education training market will demonstrate the Omnicell Savvy™ mobile medication workstation.
1. 2014 Best in KLAS: Medical Equipment & Infrastructure, July 2014. © 2014 KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire health care continuum— from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
More than 3,000 customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell Automation and Analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Medication Adherence solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
OMCL - G
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the Company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell, the Omnicell logo design and Savvy are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120731/SF48971LOGO-a
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicell-reveals-take-on-tomorrow-initiative-at-ashp-mid-year-meeting-300004563.html
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.