Omnicell Analytics and Interoperability with Leading EHR Vendors Highlighted at HIMSS 2016
Through its enhanced analytics offerings targeting drug diversion and smarter inventory decisions for health systems, as well as medication adherence solutions,
As hospitals look for ways to optimize the return on information from their existing health information technology solutions, analytics platforms are becoming increasingly popular, with the market expected to reach more than
- Interoperability with leading EHR systems:
Omnicellwill demonstrate seamless interoperability with other vendors in the medication dispensing process, including exchange and use of data directly through the Epic Medication Administration Record (MAR) application.
- Enterprise Medication Manager™, a pharmacy supply chain solution to help gain real-time visibility and insight to optimize medication inventory across the enterprise.
- Omnicell Analytics for detecting drug diversion: A new web-based diversion analytics tool that streamlines the process of managing potential drug diversion across the health system. Omnicell Analytics simplifies diversion management, helping to improve patient care and safety.
- SureMed™ adherence solutions with Medisafe:
Omnicell'sSureMed blister cards, which help patients organize and remember to take their medications, are now offered with a digital version of the cards on Medisafe, a leading mhealth platform for medication management that uses a combination of reminders, educational content, motivational tips, supports systems and other tools to help patients stay adherent.
Additional customer presentations at HIMSS include:
Nilesh Desai, BS, RPh, MBA, Administrator of Pharmacy and Clinical Operations at Hackensack University Medical Center- Impact of an Innovative ADC System on Medication Administration- March 1, 8:30 am- 9:30 amon Level 4, Marcello 4404 DeVere Day, Pharmacy Automation and Technology Manager at Intermountain Healthcare- Transforming the Pharmacy Supply Chain - March 1, 4:00 pm- 5:00 pmon Level 4 in Marcello 4401
"As an industry leader in medication automation, we are excited to provide our customers with additional analytics solutions that support more informed decision making to help improve financial success and clinical excellence," said
Approximately 4,000 customers worldwide use
The Omnicell SureMed solution provides innovative medication adherence packaging to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 7,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
1. Global Healthcare Analytics Market Outlook (2014-2022), published
Omnicellnews releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com. Omnicelland the Omnicelllogo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicell-analytics-and-interoperability-with-leading-ehr-vendors-highlighted-at-himss-2016-300226140.html
News Provided by Acquire Media