Innovations to Omnicell Patient Engagement Platform Support Value-Based, Patient-Centered Care
Medication adherence is one of the biggest healthcare challenges in
The summer release of
- Omnicell Medication Therapy Management (MTM) – This CMS-compliant solution provides a highly efficient way to deliver MTM services, including a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR). MTM is known to help improve patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs—important goals for pharmacy chains seeking payer channel expansion and increased profits beyond
Medicare Part D.
- Omnicell Targeted Patient Interventions – Tailored to the 53 million U.S. patients recently diagnosed with a chronic condition,2 this program provides proactive outreach methods at the right time to high-value, at-risk patients, helping drive improved adherence and outcomes.
- Omnicell Medication Synchronization Health Plan Dashboard – The dashboard gives Omnicell Med Sync users better performance visibility and the ability to filter by health plan to identify additional patients eligible for enrollment in medication synchronization.
- Omnicell Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – The enhanced hosted IVR gives customers an agile platform to improve the patient experience, without the need for on-site hardware.
Currently pharmacies use up to 10 independent systems to manage critical programs such as MTM, medication synchronization, and immunizations. Omnicell Patient Engagement provides a single platform for multiple interventions that help pharmacies grow business and improve patient outcomes.
"It is more important than ever to provide adherence solutions to attract and retain more patients. Implementing pharmacy automation is essential to balancing a growing workload with the clinical involvement that patients demand," said
The Omnicell Patient Engagement platform will be demonstrated along with the comprehensive suite of adherence solutions at the NACDS Total Store Expo on
"Pharmacy has rapidly changed over the last decade, and recent industry pressures make it important for pharmacists to embrace their role in helping patients manage their care," said
Supporting the highest level of patient safety is essential to excellent patient care. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems,
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
Omnicellnews releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com. Omnicelland the Omnicelllogo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
1Interventions to improve adherence to self-administered medications for chronic diseases in the United States: a systematic review. Annals of Internal Medicine. http://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/1357338/interventions-improve-adherence-self-administered-medications-chronic-diseases-united-states. Accessed
2Medication Adherence in America: A National Report. NCPA, 2013.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/innovations-to-omnicell-patient-engagement-platform-support-value-based-patient-centered-care-300701534.html
Sarah Sweeny, Omnicell, Inc., (949) 648-6873, email@example.com or Jessika Parry, Next Step Communications, (781) 326-1741, firstname.lastname@example.org